The Hottest Home Build Trends for 2015
With 2014 coming to a close, many homeowners are already thinking of what they can do in 2015 to transform their home into a dream space. We thought it would be fun to share the latest trends in the home construction industry and provide some inspiration for your next renovation!
Below are the top 4 trends we’ve noticed growing in the last year and expect to continue to grow in popularity in the New Year.
- Large kitchens with an island focal point.
- While islands have been popular in kitchens for a long time, we’re seeing a shift towards more unique, creative pieces like live-edge countertops. We recently completed a large renovation where the kitchen was completed with a concrete countertop island with coloured glass embedded, inspired by the American Craftsmanship Movement.
- Ensuites with more tile and oversized showers.
- The days of the tub seem to be coming to an end. Oversized showers with seating and large showerheads have become very desired. We’re also seeing more tile use in showers and bathrooms in general.
- Outdoor living spaces.
- Though our months of nice weather are limited, everyone loves the idea of outdoor living spaces that are comfortable and functional. They are an easy way to add the illusion of more space to your home.
- Home gyms.
- What better way to fit fitness into your busy schedule than by creating a personal gym right inside your home! We’re seeing people forfeit their gym memberships and opting to create their own custom workout spaces, most often in the basement.
The great thing about these trends is they are functional and practical, and likely won’t be going out of style a few years after you have them done in your home.
What do you think of these latest home remodel fads? Have you noticed any others you love? Share with us in the comments!
To see more images of our recent projects, visit our Facebook page.